So a while back, I got the idea I was going to make a goddess symbol out of grapevine. I had seen something similar on Pinterest and wanted to make it on a larger scale.
However I had never worked with grapevine before. One of the wreaths was premade, but the other branches I purchased separately and had to soak them for several days in the tub. Talk about challenging. They did not want to bend even after a lengthy bath.
So in the end I used Hemp cord to tie them and waited until they dried to trim them. Acylic paint and sharpie marker were what I used to color the hemp so it would blend in better.
The finishing touch was a crystal to catch the light.
I envisioned protective energy and thought it would look great over the door. However my entryway light blocks it wo I think I will give it to my pagan friends who host our local circle. When I showed a picture to them, the one really liked it. It would be a nice personalized gift to those who do a lot for our group.


No comments:
Post a Comment