As a avid bibliophile....I am very happy to announce I finished a project in the beginning of 2016 that my husband and I started over Christmas vacation.
I have so many books, and was out of room for them. I had seen many "book nooks" on Pinterest and since we had this time....I told my husband I wanted to use it and finish a project in the house!
Since we are tight on money, almost EVERYTHING was used from what we already had. I had trim in the garage from another incompleted project, and we used a shelf that was already in the closet.
I had a paint roller,sponge, tray and drop cloth from a previous project. So all we bought was paint ($14 for one quart of flat indoor paint-valspar brand- purple peacock is the name of the color)and plywood for the custom shelves.
So once we measured the closet, Brent and I found a piece of plywood for $20 at Lowes, had them trim it down, and we finished cutting the rest at home with a jigsaw.
I sanded the shelves and painted the edges. Then I found some old frames I had and picked out quotes to put in them. I chose Jane Austen and Hunter S. Thompson. Two more opposite authors...yep. I like the juxtaposition though.
So there you have it! My own library "nook". I gave up closet space for it, but since we couldn't afford bookcases now, it seemed a just trade for me. We have other space for storage, and I can also eliminate a bunch too!
Cheers everyone!



Wow! I love it! I wish I had a closet to use as a book nook but all our closets are being used. I am going to need to purchase some more billy bookcases from Ikea this year to keep up with my book buying habit. In fact, another book arrived today The Modern Guide to Witchcraft by Skye Alexander. I totally bought it for its cover. Haha! I look forward to seeing any future home projects.
ReplyDeleteThank you! Let me know if you like that book, I'm always interested in good reads
Delete