So May yielded a lot of surprises.
My biggest news is ..... I finally got A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone following my blog knows that I had been seeking full time work for some months now, had come close and been getting discouraged recently. And then this job came through which is salaried (I've never been in my life thus far) and will come with a lot of good benefits.
So I am very grateful for that.
I celebrated by getting a few new items from a metaphysical store I discovered near Harrisburg. I got a new book, " everyday witchcraft" which I am really enjoying...added bonus was that it smells like incense with every page I turn :) Also...I love ravens, so this hand carved little chest was totally up my alley. I also got a flourite tipped crystal (This is quickly becoming a favorite of mine), an iolite palm stone, and a tiger's eye stone for my mother. It said she needed it so I got it for her :)
I still have more news..I wasn't kidding when I said May was surprising.
I decided to adopt another cat after reading a heartbreaking story in a group I belong to on fb about how a woman heartlessly abandoned her male cat after moving out of her apartment. The landlord took the cat in, who kept waiting for his former owner to come get him.
I WAS SO DISGUSTED. I cannot stand it when animals are harmed or abandoned. Especially so heartlessly. This is truly one of my largest pet peeves, and I am so passionate about animals that I get ridiculously worked up. So after I read that people who said they would take the cat, kept backing out, I made a decision. I spoke in depth with my husband and told him how much this was breaking my heart. I've been asking him if I can adopt a third cat for a while now, and he finally agreed after seeing how much I wanted to save this cat from any other abandonment.
So the cat is in LA, California. So are my cousins....so I am leaving tonmorrow for CALIFORNIA!!!!
I will visit with my family for a few days, meet up with this lady to get the cat, and fly back. My one friend is letting me fly through her airline so the ticket will be very cheap...I am so happy. My new job is ok with me starting on the 1st, so I will have time for this trip, to get back and get settled, and move into a new routine.
Here's the sweet boy:
There's more I want to post about as far as spirituality but that will have to wait until another post. Til next time!



There's so much I want to say about this post. 1) I am so grateful to know that there are beautiful souls like you in this world who would literally fly across country to save an animal. I bow to you. I teared up just reading how the cat had been abandoned and I know you will bring so much light and love into his life. You're amazing! And I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip! 2) Congrats on the new job! 3) Deborah Blake is an awesome person. We have the same publisher and every single one of her books are beyond wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Stacy! I am so happy you stopped by my blog. I love your outlook on life and your blog is super inspirational! I love that you had the same publisher as the book I am reading...I would love to pick your brain about the writing/publishing sometime:) cheers!
DeleteCongrats on the new job! I hope it is everything you need and want it to be. Also congrats on the new cat. I always want to take the cats I see needing a home but my husband will not allow it and the two cats we have are NOT good with other animals. It would end up being chaos. Considering one of our cats has health issues, I don't want to stress him out any more than he already is. Good luck with everything. I'm really happy for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Willow...your well wishes are appreciated and I thank you for reading my little corner of the metaphysical internet ;)
Delete