Thursday, November 26, 2015

Being more comfortable with spellwork

My story is slightly different that what you would think of a typical pagan or witch in that I was raised Catholic and then found my true spirituality in my late twenties. When I was researching and searching, I had a powerful experience that normally most novices would not have and that really opened my eyes to what I had been feeling had been spot on all along . (I will make a separate post about that later. It deserves it's own post)

So I only knew two people who would be considered witches and they both believed that my experience had been intense and a really big sign. That said, I have been hesitant to actually conduct ritual. I have only done a handful in the last three years. I am such a perfectionist and apparently it is not uncommon for people to have the fear they will "do it wrong" or "anger the gods". No such thing really unless you are doing it for bad reasons, which goes against the craft anyway. DO harm to none is our mantra after all.


So, as I researched, and became more aware in the craft, I found a local group of pagans and I am so happy to be able to attend ritual with them and be able to freely discuss our beliefs without fear of judgment or ostracism. They are a wonderful group of down to earth people and I am so happy to have found this in an area that is heavily a bible belt. All that said, I did a small ritual the other night from one of my circle mates with my own improvisation.

I have been experiencing a heavy amount of supervision that is unbalanced in my workplace and I am tired of it. There is no reason to be micro managed when you are a good worker and this spell was long overdue. I felt very much at peace and able to slip into an meditative state very quickly. I felt like I had a good connection with diety and felt relaxed and peaceful afterwards. I will be posting pictures and making this blog more "pretty" to look at. I simply need to get into posting more often and that will come...perhaps over this holiday weekend.

On that note....Happy Thanksgiving to all. I hope the Goddess blesses you with a lovely day with family and friends. And to those without family or ostracized by them, I hope you have a place you feel welcome in to spend the day.

5 comments:

  1. Hope things get better! I'm not comfortable with rituals for a variety of reasons. I think they are neat, but formaility is not really part of hedgecraft, despite what some others may think. It feels awkward to me so I do my spellwork mostly at my kitchen table or outside while alone. I participated in a group ritual once and I left feeling really weird. I'm not sure if it was the group or me. Either way, I have never participated as a group again and get my interaction with other pagans across the internet. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks foe your comment! I have some friends who are hedge witches and they rarely go to group participations. But I count myself lucky to know them and appreciate their talent regardless :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Thanks foe your comment! I have some friends who are hedge witches and they rarely go to group participations. But I count myself lucky to know them and appreciate their talent regardless :)

      Delete