I finally got my grimoire started.
Let’s back track a little. If I had to put a “year” on it, 2012 is really the year that I discovered my path and began researching and learning, growing and practicing. Practicing is lightly used, I prefered to read and research a TON before being brave enough to actually perform a meditation or ritual on my own.
However, when I did a mediation one night from an Egyptian Pathworking book I had purchased, that was the first “HOLY SHIT” moment in my craft, enough so that the only other two witches I knew (at the time!) were like “ Wow, you have some power within you, welcome to the craft.”
Briefly, what happened was this: I couldn’t sleep, so I read a chapter in the book, did the meditation ( which was actually a path walking exercise, but I didn’t know it at the time) I really connected to it, and came out of it really relaxed and able to finally go to bed.
I didn’t think anything of it until the following evening, I happened to glance at my bathroom floor tile and saw purple letters on it.
Purple. In the tile. Not I, nor my husband (my boyfriend at the time!) had done it, and no one else had been in our apartment.
The letters were directly in front of where I had been meditating. ( The bathroom was quiet and I was able to close myself off from our felines). Additionally….right in front of where my feet would have been.
We later realized they were runic symbols, and the gist of it was that my spirit guides were there, welcoming me and guiding me on my path. (We think, anyway.)
We took pictures but conveniently, I have a hard time finding them. Not sure if they want to be shared, or not!
However, the reason I am sharing this story is because all this time, I could have been building a grimoire, but for whatever reason, I felt stuck. I keep a small journal about my experiences, and a small BOS, (with a pinterest board version also!) but I kept getting hung up on finding the PERFECT book for my grimoire, and the PERFECT layout….etc...etc….
After seeing a friend’s book, I decided it was long enough and printed out some photos I wanted and last night, picked up the sketchbook I had bought years ago and began.
The words flowed freely, and I wasn’t worried about order, or categories, or anything.
It was wonderful. The first two pages, I am so happy with.
It is finally coming together. When I reliquish my hold, my need for control, everything comes together.
This is probably the hardest lesson I have to learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment