Well!
Beltane is one of my favorite sabbats. I didn't get to celebrate it with my husband (wink wink) because we were staying at a friend's house.
But I did get to go to fairy fest in Pennsylvania with a fellow witch and close friend, so that was a huge bonus!
The weather was pretty bad this past weekend. We got rained out on Friday and ended up going on Saturday instead. The mud was so bad that they had to refuse people parking unless you had a sport utility vehicle. A tractor was used to pull people's cars out and a lot of people were disappointed and had to head home.
We lucked out however...driving about a mile down the road, a woman allowed us to park on her property for a small fee.
The downside was, we had to walk further to get in BUT there were no lines like last year. I was happy since it was less crowded BUT I felt bad for the vendors. I can only hope they still made something.
ELF EARS!!!
Also...I finally got to meet Twig the Fairy:
It was my friend's first time at Fairy Fest and my second. I remembered where a lot of things were and I felt we got to see more this time...last year the friend I went with was not as flexible and complained a lot :(
I finally got a set of wings I had wanted too!! I hand sewed a belt with "skirt" like attachments. I was going for an "earth fairy" vibe. Other than it catching on my shoes and the mud, I was happy with it! You can see some of it below here with my wings:
All in All, I spent probably too much money but OH WELL ...I've been looking forward to fairy fest for months and I am so glad we went! They actually had to cancel Sunday due to the mud and rain...so we were really fortunate to have made it.
Blessed be to you all!
Anara




That looks like it was so much fun! We just have Renn Fest here in GA. I would KILL to go to a faerie festival!
ReplyDelete