Saturday, April 8, 2017
Spring Cleaning. Ostara 2017. Minimalism.
So in order to set up an Ostara Altar, I had to clean off my altar itself.
I used regular cleaning products, but then wiped it all down with full moon water, and charged the altar with energy and intent directly from my hands.
As far as my Ostara Altar Space...here goes:
I really need better software to do these posts but it is what is. My type A,Virgo anal retentiveness is very evident in that response, haha!
Most of the stones actually end up being healing and sync up with Ostara and equal balance of light and dark. Ironic? No, just intuition being correct and in touch.
Edit: I totally forgot to mention what the center box and photos represent. A follower on my instagram asked and I don't blame her. The stained glass box was a gift from my fellow artist friend. He does amazing stained glass work and knew that I wanted a box made of that type of glass. It's so rainbow/iridescent and fairy-esque! It holds photos of my family that have passed on, and some letters from my favorite grandfather. I tend to work with my ancestors in my rituals more than I realize so I figured...why not have that in the center of this equinox altar?
Ostara/ Easter is my LEAST favorite holiday. Other than it being spring (YAY!), I don't like pastel colors and typically have very little interest in this holiday. Sure, as a kid Easter baskets were great, but I think that I would need to start new traditions in order to really look forward to this sabbat.
Halloween/Samhain is my all time favorite, with Belatane/Midsummer second, and Fall/Mabon third. Christmas/Yule can be fun but I dislike the long dark hours and seasonal depression that come with it.
That said, trying to flow with the seasons, embrace the wheel of the year, and work with it, instead of against it, has helped me tremendously.
For now, I am embracing the spring equinox with healthier habits, more working out, and cleaning my house and embracing minimalistic habits.
Getting rid of unwanted baggage, both physical and emotional clutter, establishing clear goals for myself and the upcoming year(s), and having grateful outlook for what I do already possess.
In the immortal words of Martha Stewart, "that's a good thing."
I hope you all are enjoying spring in whatever fashion suits your fancy:)
Merry Meet until Next Time,
Anara (Ravenmoon)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Love the contrast between light and dark. Your crystals are gorgeous too!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Love me some crystals!!
Delete