Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sweet Dreams are Made of this...

So recently I have struck up a goal with myself that if I cannot get projects done myself, I will hire others to do so.

Example: I had this pile of beautiful fabric for the last seven years. I had tried to get help making a cloak out of it ( the fabric was screaming to be one, I was convinced) but my lack of sewing skills coupled with the fact that my sewing machine keeps jamming, hindered my progress.

Then a cute little custom sewing shop opened downtown.

I went in with a project (actually for a work event- we were in a halloween parade in a neighboring town)I had always wanted. The alice in wonderland dress from the time Burton movie. And they totally nailed it:


I fell in love with all the work the one owner had created. (there are two ladies that own the shop)

Once we got over the hump of the holidays and some bills that needed to be paid, I decided to bring in the fabric to see if a cloak could finally be made.

And here, are the beautiful results:



I cannot tell you how happy I am to have this completed. I am part of a witches group on facebook that has over 60,000 members and I shared the photos there too since I knew others could appreciate it...it got 1.5K Likes. I have never gotten that many likes on a post, it was awesome to see how many people loved it! The idea I can wear this cloak not only in ritual, but also in cosplay, is so thrilling to me.


Also, the owner make a clasp out of old jewelry and gave me a choice. I of course picked the cresent moon one she created. She doesn't know my spirituality, but spirit did! It was so perfect :)

I also became friends with the owner. I just decided, hey let's be friends! And she likes me enough to do so. We are around the same age. That is one of my skills I do appreciate, the ability to get along well with many people.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment