Monday, February 20, 2017

Organizing your Grimoire

So my friend Willow over at FlyingtheHedge is doing a series on Mastering your Grimoire.

She also talks about the difference between a Book of Shadows, and a Grimoire, and what they both are used for.

You can check out the progress on her website, and I will be following along, completing the series as well, and posting here.

One thing I noticed about my spells, and other witchy things. I tend to have several notebooks, all over the place, and I record things in whichever one is closest.

I need to stop doing that. Now I have notebooks that have notes on all kinds of subjects, and I don't know which ones have the spells I am looking for, without going through each.

So, I decided to end the cycle by grabbing some inexpensive notebooks from the dollar store and dedicating one to all things witchy.

I also have a secret "Book of Shadows" on Pinterest. Since it is under my real name, I don't have it public.

Another struggle of having a spirituality that most do not understand and judge prematurely.

I really love the hand tooled leather books with the handmade paper in them, but somehow I feel like everything would have to be beautifully hand illustrated in them, each page a work of art.

I am an odd Virgo, that is for sure. In some areas I am so disorganized, in others so anal retentive, it's not even funny. The Gods have a sense of humor, that is for sure.

What do you use for a grimoire or BOS?

Blessed be!

1 comment:

  1. Aw thank you for the mention! I am looking forward to seeing what you end up doing. =D

    ReplyDelete