Sunday, January 29, 2017

What's in a Name?

Note: * The links above aren't complete yet. Willow, I may need your help with that. I finally figured out how to get them set up visually, now I need to figure out how to create the new "page" for my info.**

So recently I have felt the strong pull to really establish a pagan "name" to identify myself as in the pagan community. I've tossed around several ideas for awhile but the pull is really strong so I feel I need to settle down and commit to one.
Also, I feel this will allow me to grown in my spirituality and allow me to be more immersed, both online and in the community.

I can't be fully out of the broom closet due to my job so this will be helpful for balancing my spirituality and my work life.

I'm also developing ideas for a coven name and for my property.

I don't have a coven but this again is spirit telling me to have a name in mind. So whatever that means, I am just going to trust what I am hearing and go with it. There's no doubt a bigger plan, I just don't know where or what it is yet.

I thought for our current home "Mountain Shadow Manor" sounded all regal. We do live near the mountains. It's not a huge castle but Manor sounded nice.
"Fat Cat Manor" was a generic name I had thought of in the past due to having several felines. Sienna isn't fat but the rest (mostly Salem) are.
"Hillside House" was another, but it's kinda generic and not fancy. Our house is on a hill of sorts so there was the idea behind it.

I'm still tossing ideas around. My dream is to have a farmstead property where I can name that and have a sign made for it too. Having extra land and privacy, I could have an outdoor circle space and host pagan celebrations with my future coven.

Such dreams! But with hard work, I don't think they are too outlandish.

I know some of you have a pagan pseudonym you go by, feel free to share your process or any advice you have one choosing one!

No comments:

Post a Comment