So Last year I started a "gratitude jar", inspired by one of my favorite authors, Elizabeth Gilbert.
My life has been so hectic of late that I still haven't gotten it down to read the memories from 2016 and then create a new space for 2017's moments.
So that said, I think I will dedicate some time to that this weekend. I've been running myself into the ground the last few months and my body has finally said "That's it."
So with a nod to my mental and physical health ( i.e not stressed and burnt out constantly) I am taking a step back to evaluate.
I will be ending my second job at the restaurant. It's been nice for extra money, but it's not like my MK Business, which has always been money that comes back again, and again, as the product is wonderful and consumable.
I end up working long hours on my feet as a server, away from my family, and it's really not worth the money. When I have my side businesses that I can generate money from, and just learn to spend less ( always a challenge but I've come a long way). I think it will be ok. The universe is telling me it's alright to let this go, even though I find it hard since it is my "safety" net of sorts. But I haven't been saving the money from it, it's being spent. Whether or not it's being spent on needs versus wants, it's still taking away time.
My main job pays pretty well, and I just got a small raise.
It's time to actually be able to enjoy the weekend and not have to work them all. the. time.
I feel relieved that I made this decision. So I know it is the right one.
My Isis Oracle cards... (love them!!!) have indicated both creative and spiritual growth. My horoscope said that obstacles would be removed from my path and my hard work would be rewarded. And I have seen great evidence of that this month alone.
I am grateful for that, and for feeling like I can finally move forward and enjoy life, not be constantly working.
In preparation of a post about the past year, I reviewed a lot and realized just how much I accomplished in 2016. Most was with my art and my career, and dang if I didn't make huge strides and made a small name for myself as a local artist.
I am proud of that. It's always been inside of me, this latest longing to be the artist that I know I can be.
Not working on the weekends will allow me to have more time for art and creating. Which is so important to me.
I've also gotten back into doing small workouts on my treadmill. That was a treadmill that I literally manifested. I love that thing. I'll have to share the story sometime. But it all ties back into getting back on track with losing some weight I gained, and toning up, I don't like feeling and being the current weight that I am. I know it's from my sedentary job AND the fact I injured my foot tendons ( kinda puts a crap on your workouts) BUT I am getting back into it, small steps at at time.
And for me....that is huge to be patient about ANYTHING.
In other news, I did reiki on a fellow witch and have been working with energy more and spellwork. I do spells and then take my cauldron out on my deck to burn intentions on slips of paper and god knows what my neighbors think. Or would think if they ever went outside.
I don't care, I'm expressing my spirituality out in my own damn backyard.
So on that cheeky note, I will see you all soon with my next entry.
Blessed be!
Woo gurl! 2 jobs is tough on anyone. Sometimes it is best to let things go and move on. Money is never worth the stress, which is something I still struggle with. Despite what is going on politically, I think it may be a good year otherwise for all of us.
ReplyDelete