Everyone has something they want or a project they are planning.
I have been searching for a Victorian Couch or Chaise for years now. I always envisioned one that had the curvy back with deep tufting and velvet to the touch.
On a whim the other week...I decided to look at furniture online. I was half hearted about it...mostly I have been searching for a hutch or bookshelf for my spiritual supplies.
Well I will be darned if I didn't find an amazing deal with PURPLE upholstery on the sofa. Near me. OMG.
So I contacted the buyer and rented a pickup truck from uhaul and met them at the storage unit.
The furniture is from a historical society and in amazing shape. The price was amazing and the two chairs that came with it, don't match exactly and the one needs work on the bottom but I did not care! Once in a lifetime chance to finally have the victorian couch of my dreams ....and I took it :)
Obviously Salem likes it and my other cat Sienna keeps laying on it, on top of the sheet that I have covering it when it is not being used.
Scarlett hasn't checked it out yet.
My husband is reconciling to the idea....since he knows I will allow a tv on the opposite wall...above a mantel piece I want to get :)
The rug is from Wayfair.com. I got the rug pad for it underneath so it doesn't shift.
I am so very tickled that the universe connected me to this. For now, this is as far as we have gotten but I am very pleased with the results.



Very jealous! The couch is gorgeous!
ReplyDelete