Last Friday, April 1st, was a busy and chaotic day for me. I was on my way to an art festival where I was exhibiting, out of town, when I got rear ended. Luckily no one was hurt (except the cars!) and luckily the lady who hit me didn't contest anything. So everyone knows it was not my fault and my car is getting repaired. But definately not the way you want to start out your day.
I got to connect with one of my former teachers who I adore, and see my old middle school. This was actually kind of emotional for me. I have a lot of good memories there and to see myself now the same age as the teachers....or slightly older....was so weird. I felt like the twilight zone music was playing in my head. I know this is a natural progression but dang....it hit me hard.
Then that afternoon I spent it with my fellow pagan friend Angi, and later her daughter. We went thrift store shopping and got some STEALS. I am now hooked on finding supplies for my witchery at thrift stores, and let's face it, it's what I can afford at the moment!
But here are some of the lovely finds I got:
The HUGE mortar and pestle? 14 bucks at TJ Maxx!! The glass bottles and FRANKINCENSE candle were from the thrift stores. I want to store all my spices and herbs in adorable glass bottles. I also picked up two blue mason jars (old school ones....I adore the blue ones) The wooden decorative box will be excellent to store supplies in and the cheese grater? I'm making it into a windchime :) I've been searching for antique ones for a few weeks and found three in two days! This one was a steal at 50 cents!! Others were smaller and as much as $16 bucks! No thanks!
But my herbs and such? I would like them to be like this: ( found on etsy)
Those are on etsy. My friend Angi's magic room is amazing, It really inspired me to get on my game with organizing my herbal and incense supplies.
The wood piece was from michael's...for my altar ( which I will show a pic of my progress with)
Why not embellish it myself? As an artist it would seem fitting right? :)
Angi gave me this egyptian print and I got a frame at Family Dollar...can you believe it? It looks so nice above my metaphysical bookshelf.
I'll post more as I make progression. Right now I am trying to figure out where I can keep all my herbs and such. I found a GORGEOUS cabinet at the one antique/thrift store...but he wanted $450. Wayyy too much.





We are currently working on our office. I was going to set up a spiritual place in that room, but I have a feeling it isn't going to happen there. I have NO idea where I am going to set up my altar. I have everything in a dresser drawer and have for the past 12 years. Haha!
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to have a set space. I didn't have one for years, but now I have my bookshelf and another shelf I am claiming for my herbs. It takes otine and I hope this is the year you find the perfect spot for your altar!:)
ReplyDeleteTime*
Delete