So I have been remiss in this blog but dear readers...this is actually a good sign.
"What?!" You say...
It means I have been more active in my professional areas of my life. I needed to get myself out there and be more active in my art career and I have managed to do just that. I have evolved into my art being a major part of my making a living. While this is scary, it is also very freeing. I love that I am my own boss, and my creations are connecting with people to the point they want to buy my work.
This horse piece of mine sold the other week, I was very pleased: ( My head is cut off but I was holding it. I cropped it to protect the privacy of some wording in the background)
I also felt inspired to create something with some sea glass and seashells I saw in a local art supply store. Then with some insight I decided to make sea glass pendants. These images have been enormously popular, prompting me to not only sell them locally ( four already sold in one day) but online at Etsy on my shop also.
I love the ocean and abalone shell. These speak to me spiritually and aesthetically. Most people see them as just jewelry but there is always another element in my art.
Work Update:
However I work as much as I can at my part time job and take on commissions as much as possible. My husband and I have been able to eek by these last few months, but I would really like to be more financially stable. The cards and other readings I have gotten from others say we will be getting a break soon. I am trusting that the universe will provide...but dang, that is so hard for me. SO HARD.
Now I am at the point where balance is crucial and getting back to more centered swing of things will be beneficial.
Spiritual Update:
This past full moon in Aries was intense energy, with the eclipse also? I believe. I went to our local group of pagan peeps at their circle and we had SUCH a powerful circle. We raised cones of power for each person's intention and WOW. We all managed to synchronize very well with one another to the point we could all feel the energy in our hands. And when we took down not one, but two circle shields....I could feel the HEAVINESS of the energy in my hands to the point I said it out loud, and the others echoed me. The following is a shot I took from my cell phone of the moon. It was that large and powerful I actually got a decent image from my phone camera alone:
Now this was a pivotal moment for me. I have had some powerful experiences while on my pagan path but for the first time, I felt like a powerful witch in my own right. That is, able to contribute equally to a circle. Where there were a lot of witches there far more experienced than I.
This is their outdoor altar space ( very cool!) and our fire from that night"
And that my friends, was a neat moment. To physically feel and experience equality in energy work with friends. Under a full moon, around a roaring fire.





No comments:
Post a Comment