Sunday, February 14, 2016

Pendulum work

So Hello there readers, I've been posting less recently, sorry on that! I got hit with an ugly sinus infection and also have been working more at my part time job than normal. I need the money so that part is good but in addition I have been working more with my art co-op that I am a member of (Yes I am an artist) so I haven't had the time I was used to more recently.

Typically I would have a full time job and this part time job, but my full time job ended in December. I won't go into details but it was a very hard time for us and a real struggle. Luckily my husband is really supportive but it really takes a hit on your self worth when you lose that monetary security.

I am not one for letting money define me, and I wasn't happy at my job. But it paid the bills and I was afraid of not having the security of steady income.

So in a way, this difficult time we have been experiencing has really been a spiritual growth period as well. I have been able to pursue the things I have wanted to have time to do, but before was unable. My art career has been growing and I have made a lot of progress there. I am grateful for that, but at the end of the day, I still need to find balance. Not worrying about money, and doing something that I actually enjoy doing.

I don't want to be stuck in a dead end job, hating that the majority of my time is spent doing menial tasks. I have so many skills that I want to implement in my career.

So here is the point I am at. The struggle is quite real. I have gotten creative, creating more artwork to sell and selling product from Mary Kay. ( I've been a consultant for over ten years) And it really helped us out. But I am trying to figure out when I keep hitting the same obstacles.

I am a kind, nice, engaging person. I say this without bias, Truly. I get along well with many people. I do possess very strong interpersonal skills. But if you are a confident, ambitious person, a lot of people are threatened by that. If you stand up for yourself, if you are unique, different, or simply not a lemming and follow your own path, that's not accepted.

I am not sure if it is a past life lesson I haven't learned, or if it is this life showing me that I need to pursue a different path. I tried some pendulum work the other night.

The pendulum and the tarot cards have indicated that there are changes and new things coming, but it's really hard to believe it sometimes when I have had a series of unfortunate things happen in a row. ( more that I won't go into detail)

So the mercury retrograde was awful from December into January....and now that we are in February, I can only hope that my readings were accurate and that there are more positive changes coming. I sometimes doubt myself also as I am not super experienced and I tend to lapse into the thought process that if I am not an experienced witch with years of practice, then how could my readings be really accurate? *facepalm*

Does anyone else enjoy using a particular divination method? My upcoming local circle is discussing divination this Thursday at our esbat gathering.

2 comments:

  1. I like runes and astrology. In my 10 plus years practicing, they are the only things I've ever used to divine the future. Astrology is my clear favorite. I look forward to purchasing a tarot deck in the future. Good luck with everything! Things always get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words Willow! What astrological sign are you if I may ask? :)

    ReplyDelete