Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Imbolc

So since this sabbat is all about light and the stirring of spring...I wanted as many candles as possible. I went around the house getting battery operated candles and real ones alike. I wanted to feel as cozy and relaxed as possible.

I also wanted a wall sconce that was metal and curvy. I love the look of the tealight candles glowing softly. I searched in several stores and found one sconce in the style I wanted. On clearance with no glass cups or candles.

So I got creative. I am an artist after all. I used tea light cups left over from our wedding... (seriously we have a bunch) and they weren't big enough for the sconce.

I wasn't going to be deterred. I found some electrical tape and wound it around the top part to widen the cup. That did the trick and I figured it would be safer than regular tape.

So success!! I didn't do an elaborate ritual. I simply enjoyed a quiet commune with the goddess and watched the light softening our room.


Here are two spells a friend shared. I hope all enjoyed their candlemas. :)

2 comments:

  1. Very lovely! We threw a party celebrating Imbolc last night. It was great up until the candle wheel I made caught on fire. Lol! At least the honey cakes were good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Glad to hear you had a nice party (minus fire incident!) :)

    ReplyDelete