So this weekend was interesting. Several things happened.
We finally celebrated my bday today with family which was nice:) last week the funeral for my husband's grandfather was on my bday so we didn't feel like celebrating.
I got to go to my first pagan fest event here in PA and that was on Saturday. And we traveled about almost two hours when it was all said and done because. .....SILVERAVEN WOLF was there!!!!
Yes, I met her! And yes, I totally brought a book of hers to sign and we got a photo. (I also hugged her, I couldn't help it!!)
From left to right: Me, Silver, and my friend Angi.
We were able to speak to her after two circles. The first circle was neat, I've never done a public circle with complete strangers before. It was really nice to see the variety of those present. And let's say it was amazing to feel accepted about your beliefs since we were all there to celebrate the same belief system.
So they had several vendors there which was nice, every single one was a pagan esque nature, and most of them had wares they made themselves.
After the first circle, they had a healing circle led by silver. She is so animated and funny! She also gave us tips for different techniques which I found interesting. One was if you want to send healing to someone, you can throw water on the ground and put your hands in it , and use the water as a conduit to send the healing to the ill person. But they need to banish and let go of the sickness themselves. You can't do that for them.
We were given slips of paper and asked to write down two intentions for two of the five (love,wealth, angels, success and banishment) . I chose success and wealth and wrote what I wanted specifically from those categories.
Then 5 people, each holding a paper bag, went around and you placed your folded intention in the corresponding bag. Each of the five people then did a chant with silver and burned the bag with all the intentions inside.
During the ritual I made eye contact with silver often. Afterwards when I went to speak to her, she said "I noticed you! You have a glow about you! "
That was awesome:) she signed my book (I'll post a pic of that later) amd I had to hug her. Haha. It was just so thrilling to meet the author that has helped me so much on my journey with her books.
We were able to network and meet several groups. Some were more forthcoming than others.
Annnnnnnd my husband did a ritual with me tonight!! First time ever. I was so thrilled. He's never asked to do one before. He felt relaxed after and I was just happy he was open enough to do so.
Oh! And a former coworker of mine from years ago came out as a witch, and when I messaged her that I finally found my true path, she responded she always "felt it in you". Before I even knew it! I was so thrilled to hear that :-D


Pretty cool you got to meet Silver. While I am not a huge fan, she is still a great advocate for the pagan community. I'm jealous.
ReplyDeleteIt was a great experience! She's really friendly and down to earth. It was great to be around fellow pagans too, my first large group public ritual.
DeleteHappy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a great experience at the ritual. The founders of my trad were actually trained by her/with her and I first met her when I was 10...she's a pretty cool lady :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, wanted to tell you that I moved blogs. You can find me over at www.mywildmoments.blogspot.com. I'm playing catch up so I might comments a few more times on your posts today :) brightest blessings! xo
Hey Stacy! So glad to see you on here! I saw your blog once and now it won't show up. Maybe it's under maintenance? Hopefully that will be up and running soon!Great to hear from you :)
Delete